Friday, August 14, 2009

Saturday Sketch Challenge 8/15

It's that time of week!!!! I love doing these challenges! For today's challenge I followed this sketch. The center panel is a technique called Bargello. It's a needlepoint stitch converted to paper. Looks complicated but it's really easy!

Set: Happy Thoughts

Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Pink Flamingo DSP (I know, I'm using a lot of this but it's just so versatile!!!!)

Ink: Basic Black, Summer Sun

Accessories: Filigree Brads, Metal Edge Tags

Have a great week! We are celebrating Mother's 80th Birthday on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!


7 comments:

  1. omgosh this is awesome. is it paper weaving? (i'm a bit challenged at that)

    i love it.

    send it to me with a NOTE!!!

    haha. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Ruthie!! These colors are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colors :)
    Gret job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Love the center panel and the happy colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card - love the look of the 'weaved' panel too!! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the paper weaving! Beautiful card! Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card "Pops" love it! I love metal edged circles. Another great idea. Happy celebration with your Mom {Woo Hoo 80 - hope I'm blessed to live that long}. Enjoy your time together. Are you making cupcakes? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments, they are greatly appreciated!