Friday, September 9, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 9/10

It's that time of the week!!  Time for the Utah Divas Sketch Challenge!  You can see sketch and links to the rest of the designers over at the UDI blog.  Can I just say, I LOVE this week's sketch?????????  I had so much fun making this card.  I learned a new punch technique from the blog Butternut Sage, it's used thread the black and white ribbon through.  Yes, that is a punch and no, it's not punched all the way through the paper!!!



I was going to link to the video but it's gone so I'll try to explain it.  You just turn your punch upside down and insert your cardstock/paper.  Press very carefully and you will hear it click and then click again and it will have punched the outside edges.  Apply VERY GENTLE pressure until it punches the desired length.  You'll have to push the paper back down to slide it out of the punch, then just lift each side and slide the ribbon under!!!  How cool is that?????? 

Here's the supplies:

Stamp Sets:  Batty for You, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock:  Elegant Eggplant, Frightful Sight Designer Series Paper, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink:  Basic Black, Old Olive
Accessories:  Scallop Square Die, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8' Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch

Before I go, I hope that we will all take a moment, wherever you are in the world, to remember all the people who lost their lives on 9/11.  While this happened in the United States, the World Trade Center was home to businesses all over the world.  Thank you to everyone who was involved in the recovery efforts and Blessings and comfort to all those families effected by this terrible tragedy! 

6 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!! I love the new punch trick! SO going to try this out this weekend--maybe even tonight! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great trick for the ribbon!! Your card is awesome--love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh, crreeeeepppyyy! :)
    Cool ribbon/punch trick - thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I love the ribbon/punch treatment. I will definitely need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it Ruthie ... thanks for the punch tip but i bet when I try it it will punch right thru lol ... which punch did you use for this?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments, they are greatly appreciated!