Friday, September 2, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 9/3

OMG!  It's September!!!!   Where are my Christmas cards??????????  Gotta get started soon!  I'll be having some fun classes to capture the memories of the school year, fall decorating, gifts and giving and and fun class after the holidays to make sure you know exactly where your cards are!

Now on to this week's sketch.  Since our beloved Carol is no longer doing the sketches, we have all decided to take a month each to be responsible for the sketches.  Leading the pack is Tammy Fite with this sketch:


You can see what all the designers have done over at the UDI Blog.  Here's my card:


I used My Digital Studio (MDS) to create this card.  Stampin' Up! is having an MDS Designer contest and it is open to Customers and Demonstrators alike and the prize is $400 in Downloads!!!  Isn't that exciting??  So if you have the MDS software, click on the link on the left (in my sidebar) for all the details and if you don't have MDS, just click on the "Shop Now" button and you can purchase it through my Online Store!

I also want to send out prayers for all the people effected by the fires in Palo Pinto County and in Oklahoma City.  My husband's sister and her family escaped with just losing the fence in their neighborhood but hot spots kept flaring up, caught their neighbor's attic on fire and completely destroyed it.  SIL is a teacher and four of her students lost their homes completely.  I hope you all have a safe weekend!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Too cute, Ruthie! Hope you get to relax a bit this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Ruthie! I sure wish I was more comfortable designing in MDS. I guess part of it is that I just love having the paper, ink and stamps in my hands. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!! love the "shading" behind the flowers!! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shading .. so wish we had mds here :/ I love that bird and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! What a cool effect you created behind the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments, they are greatly appreciated!