Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday Sketch Challenge 10/31

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!

Since I saw a couple of Christmas Trees up today, I decided to do a Christmas Card for the UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge. You can see the sketch here on the UDI Blog and links to all the other members who participate weekly in this challenge. But don't think that doesn't mean you can't participate as well. Feel free to give us your take on this challenge!!!!!

Our Special Challenge this week was to use the Big Shot with our layout. I thought it would be fun to do a window card with the Movers and Shapers Die. I used the Stampin' Up! Holiday Window Dies for the shape and it cut through all four layers of the front of the card!!! How cool is that! Here's the card!

Supplies:

Stamps: Delightful Decorations

Cardstock: Real Red (I know, it looks a little orange here but it really is!), Christmas Cocoa Specialty Designer Series Paper

Ink: Real Red

Accessories: Movers and Shapers Die, Holiday Windows Dies, Real Red 1/2" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Elastic Cord

Have a safe Halloween!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. beautiful ruthie! the orange rather intrigues me though. it could work either way. (totally not christmas, but still)

    love it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dies sure are handy, arent't they? Great card, Ruthie.

    That's one of my favorite patterns in the Christmas Cocoa SDSP :)

    By the way, I love the vintage Halloween pictures on the sides of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on this weeks sketch challenge my friend! Great job ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments, they are greatly appreciated!