Saturday, June 23, 2012

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge

So last week I hinted that I had some good news.  Well, my former upline decided to become a demonstrator again and signed up under ME!!!!!!  Isn't that awesome???  I'm so glad to welcome Caron Scruggs back to SU and onto my team!  This promotes me to a Sr. Supervisor!

Okay, so on to this week's sketch.  I made this card for my sister to send to her son who is getting married.  We won't be able to go to the wedding as they are in Brazil so we wanted to make a very special card.  So here's the sketch:




and here's the card:



I wish you could see this in person as I used Shimmery White cardstock and it just glows!!!   Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps:  Loving Thoughts
Ink:  Basic Black
Cardstock:  Shimmery White, Basic Black
Accessories:  Full Heart punch, Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslits, Vintage Wallpaper, Perfect Polka Dots and Delicate Designs Embossing Folders, Basic Black Scallop Dots ribbon (under the saying), Pearl Basic Jewels, 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (retired) and non-SU black pearls.

Be sure to visit the Utah Divas International Blog to see the other cards.  We all did a different occasion and the sketch is perfect for them


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Ruthie! I love all the different textures!

    Congrats on your promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, this is gorgeous! I love all of the texture, and I'm sure that IRL the shimmery white card stock is stunning. I also love the ribbon treatment! I never would have guessed that those dainty scallops were the edge of the ribbon. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful card! I love the ribbon, too!!! What a unique use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, Ruthie! Congratulations on your promotion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments, they are greatly appreciated!